Monday, July 18, 2011

The Most Boring Post Ever - I Dare You to Read It

With a fairly quick push, the Rockin' Socks for July are done...beautiful, beautiful colorway from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock, and a very useful pattern from a fantastic designer. These are on my feet twelve days early, meaning I'm ready to cast on for the next Sock Club pair as soon as the package arrives next week. Score one more for the Victory of Birch...which appears to be the Neverending Shawl. Maybe it's sticking around to absorb as many other FO's in its web of victory as possible.

It's clear just how many of all zero of you care deeply about my weekend, so here it is. Saturday was my first day in so long that I just got to spend at home with my husband and my dog. No plans, no requirements, no nothing. It was delicious. Lady, the pooch, got a bath and now smells more like vanilla than dog, which is an improvement.

Sunday, I had to do my first reading at Mass, which turned into a really nervewracking situation for me because I ended up having to do my first two readings. And the prayers of the people and the announcements. With a priest who has never said Mass at our parish before. I was counting on having someone else to keep a little eye on to ensure that I'm doing things right, and ended up screwing up a time or two because I had NO safety net. Joy. Serving the Lord, crazy initiation challenge style.

In order to unwind, my husband and I ended up deciding to go to the Renaissance Faire, which was a lot of fun, but I had conveniently not been paying much attention to the extreme heat advisories. Baking heat, massive humidity did not make four hours walking around outside the most optimal of ideas, but luckily my husband and I enjoy the Faire so much that it was worth it. We saw a couple comedic shows, which were delightful, and enjoyed the food, drink, shopping, and funne at ye faire. In addition to last year's corset acquisition, I now have a lovely underdress for which Birch will make a lovely overskirt. Tada, boring description of weekend accomplished! Still no knitting pictures! However will I maintain my extensive readership? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment